$$$USE MY CODE AND SAVE SAVE SAVE$$$

Get 15% off
your first order
use code TDDU9361
Baby ItemsBuy Baby Items at Diapers.comBuy Baby Items at Diapers.com
Not valid for existing Diapers.com or Soap.com customers. Some resctrictions apply.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Taboo


As we all know, going through this journey has many ups and downs. Some days are harder than others. Some days you are consumed with thoughts of ttc, and some days, you actually feel like a human being for an hour or two because it doesn't cross your mind.
.
The hardest, or I guess weirdest part for me is having conversations with friends about their babies or pregnancies. Actually, I don't know if it's weirder for me or for them.
.
As I have told my pregnant friends before, talking to me about about your pregnancy is not at all taboo. "Baby" is not taboo, "nursery" is not taboo, "my nipples are leaking" is not taboo either. Remember that good ole commandment, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s." I.e. BABY! I do not want your baby, I want mine.
.
However what IS taboo in the infertility world is, "Are you pregnant yet?" (asked the day after your IUI) "Yes Grandma, I felt it kick this morning." "Do you feel ok?" (asked thinking you might already have pregnancy symptoms) "No I feel preggo, stand back, I might be contagious!" "What? It didn't work? That sucks, I'd call them and go right back today to do it again!" (acting like we just bought a piece of electronics that doesn't work.) "No actually, I have to wait, go through cramps, wait, have hot flashes and night sweats, wait, have a dildo cam go where no camera should ever go, wait, pee on sticks, wait, have stuff squirted up there, and wait some more."
.
Point being, I love talking about your baby and all that goes with it. I just hate talking about the lack of mine, (unless I bring it up of course). =)
.
I will be getting my progesterone level checked today, one week down. Wish me luck.
.
Tiffany

6 comments:

Shanny said...

Yay for progesterone check, hope you get good numbers! I loved this post, you cracked me up! And now I have a question: sooo how strong was that kick 1dpiui? lol

By the way, I love playing Taboo=)

Holly said...

I am soowith you on this one! Great post!

Holly said...

I forgot to tell you I gave you a blog award! :) check it out http://bit.ly/c7wGxB

I love reading your blog!! Are you on twitter btw?

Tiffany said...

Holly, thank you so much, you are awesome!! No actually, I'm embarassed to say I don't even understand how twitter works. lol. I do the whole FB thing but that's about it. As far as technology, in my eyes change is bad. Heck, I still have one of those old school flip razor cell phones. (My friend's 3yr has the same kind to 'play' with) lol

Anonymous said...

Hope the progesterone check went well. I'm new to your blog, so are you doing iui or ivf? Good luck! Great post, btw.:)

Tiffany said...

Ashley thanks!! I got the call last night around 6 that the level was fine. Nothing left to do but wait another week! We did IUI. Fingers crossed