$$$USE MY CODE AND SAVE SAVE SAVE$$$

Get 15% off
your first order
use code TDDU9361
Baby ItemsBuy Baby Items at Diapers.comBuy Baby Items at Diapers.com
Not valid for existing Diapers.com or Soap.com customers. Some resctrictions apply.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Well hello there sleep.

Sleep. You tricky bastard you.


We went back to swaddling. I had too. Poor B just wasn't getting it, wasn't napping, therefore I wasn't napping, cleaning, blogging, working....I wasn't doing anything. So we swaddle. I guess my little man just loves being wrapped up tight. Did I cause this? During pregnancy were my pants too tight or something?


So now naps are back on track. Lovely. However there was a new beast in town. The feeding breast, I mean beast....I guess my breast is the beast.


Once I moved B into his nursery I fell into a bad habit of sticking my boob in his mouth whenever he woke up at night. I guess it was just the quickest, easiest way to get him back to sleep. It worked...well it worked to my DIS-advantage. He began waking up more and more often to eat. Pavlov's dog theory? Quit possibly.

So I began getting less and less sleep at nights. Which meant more and more naps needed during the day. No good.


So I am back to a different form of sleep training: Weaning him off of night feedings. I am happy to say that after a week of paci, feed, feed, feed; Paci, paci, feed, feed; Paci, paci, paci, feed; Last night was only paci, paci, paci. No feed until morning. 12 hours of sleep/paci and no food. I call that "getting the hang of it."


So for now we're on the right track. I might eventually have a toddler that needs swaddled and a paci strapped to his head at nights, but at least he will stay in his crib a whole 12 hrs!


Tiffany

3 comments:

FirstTimeMom said...

Hey there's nothing wrong with needing a paci and to be swaddled. Alex is sleeping the same way at night. He just doesn't get the whole unswaddled sleeping unless he's sleeping in his swing or on me. I asked a few of my friends how long they swaddled for and some said up to a year. Every baby is different! What works for you and B is what is good for y'all! I'm glad you're back to getting more sleep. :) I know that's worth more than gold or diamonds right now!

Rebecca said...

Glad you found something that works for both of you!

Traci said...

Ugh.. we are still feeding my 7 month old 1-2 times in the night. She wont take a paci and we don't know how to get her to go back to sleep except the bottle. I'm sure we are doing the wrong thing by giving her that bottle but it works. Bad parents.