I haven't updated my family blog, or this here gem in a long time.
So instead of excuses, I will just give you a bullet pointed list of the reasons (excuses) to my absence.
- After our hospital stay, we were just recovering when my husband was in a car accident.
- He's fine, he's fine, (big deep breath) however our trusty little car was not.
- Our car was declared totalled
- We had to wait for the VERY KIND citizen who called the accident in, to call to police back and support my husbands side in saying that he had a green light. Insert no fault of ours.
- The other person (elderly man with a dog in the car headed toward IKEA ((that damn store makes everyone stop looking at where they are going and stare in amazement)) decided that since he has nothing better to do with his life he is contesting the citation therefore my husband has to go to court
- Meanwhile....we had 6 days of the insurance company to pay for a rental car. After that, we were on our own.
- Therefore, we had 6 days to research/find/buy another car.
- Also, that meant we had 6 days to find a money tree or win the lottery or sell our bodies for dollar bills.
- You see......when you drive an old, yet trusty car that is already paid off....it is really priceless. Yes, I know it was old and not worth much, but to us, it was priceless. But even though the accident was not our fault, all the insurance company will do is slap a price on your car you totalled and pay you off. Unfortunately, what our car was worth isn't even close to enough to buy a new car. Shitty.
- Oh yeah, and insert a CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY within those 6 days to find a car. Um.......impossible?
- Somewhere in all this mess I realized that Bradley has not the 8 teeth I thought he did, but 11. Um, hello bad mother who has no idea what's going on.
- B also pretty much will hold a conversation with you now. All mumble of course. But a full conversation none-the-less with pauses and voice inflection's. He's so stinkin cute
- So now with the new year approaching, and oh yeah, a new car, hopefully I'll get back on track.